
First, some vigorous physical exercise, either in lovely Parco Sempione, or in the gym conveniently located in Chinatown.
After stopping for the frullato proteico at the bar next door, or perhaps at the local tofu factory, it's off to class at the Accademia di Italiano with Teacher Laura.
Laura and I discuss many important topics: the proper way to eat fish, what it's like to grow up half in Sicily, half in Milan, 'Tis a Pity She's a Whore, etc.Then it's back home for a quick lunch before biking across the city on a bike mi, Milan's bike-sharing program.
They're a little clunky, and the cobblestones, tramlines, and local driving customs make for interesting journeys, but I must say I do love my bike mi. Gets me where I need to go quickly and entertainingly.It takes about 20mins to get to the Graduate School in Social, Economic, and Political Sciences, my academic home for the summer. Against all precedent, and despite various dire predictions, this place has proven to be an island of efficiency and rationality in the turbulent seas of Italian academia. It is nothing fancy, but gives me a place to work, an internet connection, and free printing. I can't complain.
After a lengthy session of difficult and laborious political scientific research, I bike back home, a palatial structure occupying several city blocks set in acres of gardens and woodlands. I still haven't had a chance to explore all the wings.
The Kitchens
The next day, it's back up and at it again!
However, no sooner has this rountine become established than it will be broken. On the agenda coming up are a roaming caravan of family fun, a musical oddessy, and some time in goold old Londontown. And while each of these will no doubt be oodles of fun, I must say that I am quite liking my Milan routine.
2 comments:
brother you have lost your way like the sheep. all that drinking and thieving. but the lord in his infinite mercy will offer you redemption.
this is where A can step in.
I don't want to pry, but what's that strange-looking blue object on the shelf in the Library...? Very rum-looking paperweight. Is it a signature piece?
Post a Comment