Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bad TV. Bad.

The good thing about being smote with food-poisoning/pig flu/hangover is that for two days one can only watch television on the internet. And so I decided to make the most of my malaise by catching up on all this popular culture I keep hearing about.

First, Glee, which everyone everywhere seems so enthusiastic about. Maybe all this enthusiasm built my expectations too high, because I was underwhelmed. It has some zinging moments, but these are marooned in vast expanses of 'plot.' The whole thing is a pale shadow of the teen crud classics on whose shoulders it rests.

This gag never gets old though:


Then I shocked myself by watching something called Jersey Shore.



If you think that clip is bad, rest assured that the actual program is much, much, much worse. Slash better. I couldn't tell! But it was morbidly fascinating. I couldn't look away.

I wanted to watch True Blood, but they weren't giving it away for free, so that was the end of that plan.

It's always good to get some culcha, innit?

4 comments:

sxg said...

darling, why didn't you say something?

in preparation for your next `hangover,' here's some True Blood for you:

http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/56042.html

sxg said...

actually, though, i forgot to mention - the only part of True Blood worth watching is the opening credits.

Unknown said...

For the next time you get the flu - TOP CHEF and GOSSIP GIRL. Please.

Heidi said...

No, no, no. I won't stand for it. True Blood is fantastic.

"Imagine my surprise when I sat down to watch this tv programme with my boyfriend only suddenly find myself watching softcore porn!"

I started having flashback to Kim Cattrell movies from the late 80s.