Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Magisterial



















You are no doubt familiar with The Idea that Is America, a work of staggering genius in which I played some role. Well, today we got an email from a famous Hollywood celebrity with the following to say about it:
I have just finished reading 'The Idea that is [sic] America [sic] and am absolutely gob-smacked. I would like to convey my gratitute [sic] and awe to Anne Marie [sic]. Her writing is thrilliing [sic] -magisterial.
And it's one of the smartest famous Hollywood celebrities! She is muse to Woody Allen, and has actually made an impact on Darfur, unlike some people. Our ears are burning!

3 comments:

albeo said...

Is it just me, or some of those sics didn't make sense?

Did you add them to emphasise some supposed spelling mistake of the unnamed celebrity? Or something else I couldn't see?

Sorry to be thick. I played no part in writing any book. Blogging is much easier. ;-)

Tom said...

I'm just being snarky ;) Allow me to explain:

is should be Is
there should be a ' after America
gratitute should be gratitude
Anne Marie should be Anne-Marie
thrilliing should be thrilling

Naama נעמה said...

Tea, Tea,
Hallas with the cynicism. Mabruk for the blog. You're - as always -doing a great job.
miss u siclishly and sicfullnessly,
naamana