On Thursday I finished the long-anticipated general exams, or at least the written components. There is still the oral exam this week, as well as a few papers to finish up, but I am now basically done with phase one of the PhD. I think they give me a(nother) master's degree now.
However, these last bits of work were put on hold for the weekend when A was here visiting. Plenty of time spent eating, death-marching, film-viewing, basking in surprisingly abundant sunshine. And for the first time in a very long time, not a single thought of work was entertained.
Best movie seen in a long time: Star Trek on the IMAX
Worst movie seen in a long time: the Wolverine one
Best new bar: Orde Rathe Bar
Worst new bar: Hudson Terrace (steel drums, velvet rope, weak drinks, nice view)
Random wandering success: Txikito
Random wandering failure: Tribeca
Most efficient consumerism: Broadway in Soho
Most efficient use of space: 'KRAZY!' at the Japan Society
Video game triumph: A, Pacman
Video game defeat: A, Mario Bros
Funniest thing: Margaret Cho
Least funny thing: Okinawa
6 comments:
So pleased you liked Star Trek, and that you saw it at an Imax.
Very cool.
Now let's hear no more nonsense about sheep films...
Will the second degree make you, in the German style, Master Master Tom?
How was Krazy? (other than efficient)
LeDuc: There are lots of Star Trek Movies but only one Black Sheep. Why wasn't that shown on the IMAX, I wonder?
Yossarian: Krazy was crazy small. One room of comics, one of video games, one of films. Very cool though. If we had got there earlier would have spent the whole day watching the movies.
Round One done - congrats!
Round Two ding dong - but not for a blessed while...
I want to see Star Trek again but I REFUSE to see it in Italian...!!!
Post a Comment