Wednesday, May 27, 2009

R and R in RI

Had a lovely weekend in RI with K+D, who rescued me from New Haven after Amtrak abandoned me there (though the opportunity did afford me a chance to visit Ms. A., meet her new beau, and participate in some hashing).

It was nice to see a little greenery

Enjoy some good eating

(above: my new favorite breakfast concoction receives a double thumbs-up)

Show people some New England quaintness

Though sadly, for K, there was only a glimpse of period costume

Yes, I dare say a good time was had by all.

6 comments:

LeDuc said...

Yorkshire pudding?

For breakfast??How cool is that?

LeDuc said...

That's really annoying... the comment "Preview" function showed each sentence, above, in a separate para, just how I wrote it. But blogger has mashed together the last two, so the whole joke now looks mental. Bastards!

Tom said...

Don't worry, LeDuc. I appreciate the subtleties of your paragraphing, even if Blogger doesn't.

Lady V said...

Ah, I remember my first hashing experience - Calcutta, during my days in the Raj. Invited by some Dutch dredgers to hash with them on Saturday, imagine my dismay when I turned up, bottle of wine in hand, to find everyone else in sportswear.

Needless to say, I turned around and stumbled back to my hotel. Then polished off the bottle. And twenty Sportsman Lights.

albeo said...

Yorkshire pudding will NOT be served for breakfast in Milan's most sought-after apartment. Instead, you will be treated to a miniscule espresso followed by 3 Diana cigarettes.

sxg said...

why is your thumb so very BIG? and since when?