Wednesday, September 24, 2008

And the winner is...


Only five of you voted in my poll of where I should live, and one of them was me. Since I don't know how many people read this blog, I can't say exactly what the rate of voter participation was, but let's just say it was EXECRABLE.

I try to give the people democracy, but they don’t want it. So much for that. From now on this blog will be run like the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

Anyway, on to the (illegitimate) results. It was a tie for first place between the West Village and Chelsea, with Chinatown in second place and Hell’s Kitchen a distant last. The tie is actually quite convenient because it expands the range of choices.

Well that was a fun exercise. Now I just need to find an actual apartment…

4 comments:

albeo said...

Rigged! Sham! I want my democracy back!!!

LeDuc said...

Can I recommend statcounter? It's free and it's fascinating -- you get to see where your readers are, what pages they look at, how long they spend staring at individual posts, the journey they take through your blog, and everything, in fact, except what underwear they're wearing.

Anyway, glad there's at least a 50% chance that you'll be moving to my neighbourhood.

Tom said...

Thanks for the suggestion, leduc, but that sounds like the kind of thing I would spend too much time checking and worrying about! I need to keep myself away from new ways to waste time on the internet...

la chinita said...

AHA! I knew that the poll was rigged! I smelled your Chinatown vote. What is the point of a poll when you have a clear preference and not going to listen to us anyway??!?! West Village/Chelsea all the way!!!!