Saturday, September 20, 2008

There it goes again


The blue screen of death
gives me no respect.
Damn you, Lenovo.

3 comments:

LeDuc said...

Marketeers of products sold from supermarket shelves apparently like three-letter words which start and end with "O", since they look like a face and we are, apparently, immediately attracted to them. I wonder if the brand Lenovo wsa invented or the same reason?

When I was a kid one of the biggest brands of washing powder in the UK was OMO. It looked like an owl's face. Obviously we used it as the basis for a string of unfunny jokes about sexuality (and one of the lead characters in Stephen Frears brilliant 1986 movie My Beautiful Laundrette has the nickname Omo, for obvious reasons).

I am feeling sluggish and hungover this morning. Which is annoying, because I didn't even drink anything yesterday. Although I haven't had any coffee yet and, as you may remember from the desperation of my morning dash to the shops when we discovered we were out of milk, I *need* morning coffee.

Er... All I can suggest is that you don't buy a piece of shit Apple. Stick with disposable PCs. They may be uglier, but they're much cheaper and, hence, less disappointing.

Am going to go and drink some coffee now. Sorry for disturbing you. Hope to be normal again later.

Tom said...

Go on, have TWO cups.

It's the little things that make life worth living.

Tom said...

Oh, and interestingly, Lenovo's orginal name in Chinese is "lian xiang" a nonsense word composed of the characters for "connect" and "think." This is quite sophisticated branding for a Chinese company, which still tend to have rather clunky names like "Mongolian Sour Milk Products Corporation"--a popular maker of yogurt.