And note, no bamboo. Yet.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Community-based furnishing
Had quite a mix of people over last night to see the place. All guests were required to bring a useful household item, of which I am in need. Just as in traditional societies where the entire community pitches in to build a dwelling, so did I call upon my friends to, as it were, mix dung and mud into a sticky consistency to spread over my thatched walls.
Included in the haul: A lovely sponge and scrubby thingy from W, some Hale family heirlooms back from N, funky martini glasses from A, a printer from M, ecological napkins from V, and an enlarged picture of a famous pop star from S (pictured):
Then this morning I took delivery of two new roommates:

Got them from shady Russians on 28th st. who insisted I pay in cash. No doubt smuggled out of central Africa to finance some insurgency. But they're pretty!
And note, no bamboo. Yet.
And note, no bamboo. Yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
gosh. THAT picture. errrr...
fab plants.....
bushy bushy!
"bushy bushy"...
Now I like that very much.
Still think that Aunt J would go nicely...
I have more family heirlooms to return to you. Now you know what you're getting for Christmas.
Post a Comment