Saturday, October 11, 2008

Of Montreal

Saw these guys tonight, hoping that Kevin's glam-rock theater of the absurd would translate into a fantastic live show.



It didn't. Just a jumble of confused metaphors lacking stagecraft, showmanship, and--critically--musical talent. And not for lack of trying--there were ninjas, tigers, gallows, and even a real live Lady Godiva-esque white horse. But it never amounted to anything, just came-off as self indulgent, even masturbatory, art school crap. Oh well.

5 comments:

albeo said...

we all love a little arty wank once in a while, don't we?

albeo said...

Ok. It's been over a week now. This is the kind of thing I do. You are not allowed!!!

albeo said...

Not blogging, I mean...

LeDuc said...

I'm glad you clarified. I had assumed you were saying you hadn't had a wank for over a week which, frankly, I found a little implausible.

FKJ said...

well quite, le duc.